- All our electronic outdoor systems can be controlled by either using a Wireless remote control or a Cable controlled handset or in some cases both. The indoor systems come with a variety of control systems including Cable, IR (Infra Red) and Wireless. The control units have been designed for easy, no nonsense operation. With most of our wireless control systems the information displayed on the scoreboard is also displayed on the control unit. This means that the scorer does not need to see the scoreboard to operate it. (subject to model)
- You can now view a section that briefly explains the different types of display technology that are used in the scoreboards (Click Here) to view the different types. Generally LED's are used for indoor scoreboards. Electro-mechanical and high brightness LED modules are used for outdoor scoreboards. (subject to model)
- Some of our Outdoor and Indoor electronic Scoreboards are built using Seven Segment or Flip Dot display modules. These modules are proven to be reliable and safe and all our electro-mechanical display modules give excellent viewing capabilities.
- Our Indoor electronic solutions and some of our outdoor systems use LED's to display the information. These modules are proven to be reliable and safe both indoors and outdoors. Click here to view details of the different technologies.
- With our outdoor electro-mechanical scoreboards and timing systems, it is not a problem if you do not have a mains power supply at your ground, because the power needed to operate the electro-mechanical displays is only minimal at 12 Volts DC. A 12 Volt Battery Pack can provide the necessary power to operate this type of display. This provides a safe and convenient alternative where mains power is not available and brings the possibility of owning an electronic Scoreboard or Timing system into reality. LEDs however need a 240 Volt power supply to operate and so cannot be run from a 12 Volt battery.
- Both our indoor and outdoor LED scoreboards require a 240 Volt 50Hz main power supply to run and display the information. The displays cannot be run from 12 Volt batterys and so are not advised for portable use where no mains power is available.
- As well as fixed wall mounted or aperture based systems, we are also able to provide outdoor portable electronic scoreboard and timing solutions that can be easily transported or dismantled after a game or event and put into storage until needed. The portable systems use mechanical displays and can be run from 12 Volt Batteries - unlike the LED displays.
- Our outdoor bespoke electronic solutions can be supplied within a weatherproof Aluminium case which uses industrial grade Polycarbonate to protect the electronics inside. These units are built using Anodised Aluminium and can be powder coated in a variety of RAL colours at an extra cost. Vinyl lettering is used for the captions on the fascias and all our systems benefit from either 3mm, 5mm or 6mm industrial grade polycarbonate. The polycarbonate can also be treated with an Anti-Glare coating where possible. (Disclaimer)
- We also have a range of frequently asked Questions for you to browse.
- For peace of mind our range of products come with either a 12 months or 24 months parts and labour Warranty. We can also provide maintenance contracts to ensure that your units are kept in good working order throughout their life.
- So If you are considering installing a new Scoreboard or Timing system or even replacing an old or inadequate system then please feel free to Contact UK Scoreboards.